who we are
Journey Church is a Christ Centered, Spirit Empowered, Bible Based church that has the passion to Transform People in every nation through Equipping Leaders, Planting Churches and Reaching Communities.
our humble beginning
The journey all started on March 22, 2008. When 20 leaders headed by Pastor Marlon Arcilla, Pastor Dennise Ogalesco and Pastor Gerry Ocampo prayed and fast at the Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain. The church was born through the inspiration of God’s faithful promise in Exodus 33:14, “and God said, I will be with you, in your Journey to the end.” The church grand launching service was held April 13, 2008 at TMX Hall Tutuban Prime Block Building. It was officially registered at Security and Exchange Commission as religious non-stock, non-profit organization on May 20, 2008.
We give importance to the following values:
L – Loving God
I – Integrity in Life
F – Fellowship with people.
E – Excellent living with our purpose
- We believe the bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 tim. 3:15-17, 2 peter 1:20-21, 1 Thes. 2:13, Deut. 4:1-2)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:18-20, Luke3:21-22)
- We believe that deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the father, and in His personal return in Power and Glory. (Isaiah 9:6, 1 John 5:20, Colosians 2:9, Hebrew 1:3, 8, 1 Peter 3:22, Phil. 2:5-6)
- We believe that in the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Man is saved by regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, and being justified by the grace through faith, he becomes an heir of God to the hope of eternal life (titus 3:5-7, Romans 8:11, 16-17, Eph. 2:8-9)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. By the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to obey the command “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.” (Romans 8:9-11, Hebrews 12:14, 1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Thes. 5:23-24, 1 John 2:6).
- We believe in the baptism with the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of spiritual gifts. (acts 2:1-4, Rom. 12:3-8, 1 Cor. 12:18-28)
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ, the habitation of God through the spirit, with divine appointment for the fulfilment of her great commission. (Eph. 1:22-23, 2:22, Rom. 12:5, Eph. 4:3-6, 11-12, 1 cor. 12:27, Heb 12:23)
- We believe in the resurrection of those who have died in Christ together with those who are alive and remain in Him unto the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church (1 thes. 4:16-17, Rom. 8:23, Titus 2:13, 1 Cor. 15:51-52)